Sunday, October 11, 2009

Additional Tips for Cleansing

There are a few things that came up during my cleanse that are worth sharing. One was that I had a tooth that started having a lot of pain, like it was developing a cavity. This situation was worsened by the fact that I was drinking so much maple syrup in the lemonade and it would have been hard to brush my teeth every time I drank some. What I did start doing was thoroughly swishing water in my mouth each time I would drink more of the lemonade. In addition, after brushing my teeth I would swish my mouth with a little water and some Myrrh tincture for teeth and gum health and follow it with a mouthwash with Neem in it. These are both known to contribute to teeth and gum health. I could tell this was working because initially it would cause the sensitive area to react, but over a few days it went away. I also used the dental program in the biofeedback I work with to help relieve the stresses in that area.

During the entire course of the cleanse I was also swishing a tablespoon of organic sesame oil in my mouth each morning while I showered and got ready for work. I understand this is good for helping to detox radiation from the system and an energy healer in the healing arts complex I work in said this would also help with any type of infection in the body. The suggestion is to do this for 20 minutes before spitting it out. Anyway, the combination of things resolved the issue with my tooth and allowed me to complete the cleanse.

I also want to say that I began the cleanse with the hope of "resetting" my system and slowly reintroducing healthy foods to see what worked best for my body related to maintaining an optimal weight. It was wonderful to lose weight during the cleanse and to feel so much energy, and I have put the weight back on after I started eating again, even though I have kept my diet very basic and not introduced foods like wheat and dairy. I still feel the benefits have been wonderful, and I just want to be honest about the potential of regaining weight, so that this isn't undertaken as a quick-fix, weight-loss program. Starting with rebalancing and supporting the body's healthy functions is always the best approach for weight loss. Believe me this has been an area of struggle for me, even doing all the "right" things, like healthy eating and exercise, so I understand the temptation to take any measures to change this. This is definitely an area of surrender for me and loving what is.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn,
    Sorry I haven't written sooner. I like your blog. I was especially interested in your description of color, how you modify it in your environment, and how it affects your mood. Hopefully many people will find the site and benefit from your knowledge and experience. All my love and keep up the blogging!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete